Sunday, December 9, 2007

Hunter-Lovin’ and It Feels So Good

“Dear BRK, just moments ago I finished a heroic Mechanar run with my new guild and promptly received this strange ‘pst’ from the tanking warrior of the group:

‘You my friend, are the best damn hunter I’ve seen in a LONG time.’

“Elation and a rapid flush of the skin soon brought me to my senses as whatever sort of self-gratification and personal feelings of awesomeness were replaced by the big caveat that it was not in fact my own skills and mannerisms as a hunter that this particular tank seemed to praise, but those instilled from a certain BRK.

“Massive-sustained DPS, quickly executed and fore-thoughtfully timed traps (read those damn mobs on the bridge to the last boss), passing on an o-so-needed Primal Nether (I want my ebon netherscale set!) in the end to help the grateful holy paladin, offering to tip the tank … and many more hunterisms were displayed in an ode to the dashing [BRK].

“I’ve not been a part of the WoW community for too long, but for my time spent I’ve enjoyed reading your witty, thought-provoking, and honest-to-God helpful blogs. They’ve helped me tremendously and I just figured you could use some stoking of the “Id”. Grimboch”

As most of our guildies will tell you, our psyche is very strong. Warped, deranged, and fantastically out-of-control, but strong. Publishing this letter isn’t about us, but you.

How in the bloody, bleepin’ BRK-universe did Not Screwing Up And Just Being Nice become the mark of being A Good Hunter? Isn’t that just a screaming, horrific shame?

Don’t get us wrong; we’re thrilled that Grimboch got accolades and felt great and his party inflicted destruction upon those who deserved it. We love to hear he tempered his loot-cravings for the benefit of someone else, and tipped that hard-working tank. But you know what comment we REALLY want to hear some tanks and healers start to say?

“Dude. There’s been a real improvement in the vast number of hunters I’ve partied with and you’re no exception. Good job, thank you.”

Are you doing your part to make our dream come true?


Disclaimer: This content was originally posted by Daniel Howell (BigRedKitty) on bigredkitty.net. It is posted here for historical and archival purposes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment